Check the tables below for updated information on the daily events.
Pre-conference courses, 2021
Monday – December 13th, 2021
Tuesday – December 14th, 2021
Wednesday – December 15th, 2021
Thursday – December 16th, 2021
Short courses will cover different areas of mass spectrometry (fundamentals, bioanalysis, natural products, etc…) and will provide delegates with the opportunity to update their knowledge on fundamentals and advanced topics in mass spectrometry.
Short-Courses will be given as pre-conference courses on Sunday – December 12th, registration is required.
The oral presentations for IMSC Rio 2021 program consists of plenary, keynote and oral lectures and a technical program of 5 parallel sessions grouped around the following five main topics (see details on “Sessions” by the end of this page).
- Life sciences
- Fundamental mass spectrometry
- Instrumentation and methods
- Challenges & applications
- Health sciences
The poster session consists of a daily poster exhibition on the same topics as in the oral presentations. Additional topics may be added.
Workshops on different “hot” and high-interest topics will be organized during the conference.
In an informal atmosphere, participants will be encouraged and invited to talk and debate on different angles of a topic.
Workshops are scheduled for Monday – December 13th and Tuesday – December 14th afternoon and are free of charge – NO registration is required.
Commercial partners will have a large exhibition space at their disposal in the same location where posters are displayed. They will have the opportunity to meet the attendees and show them the latest developments on instrumentation, technology, applications, methods.
The Social Program complements the scientific program of IMSC Rio 2021 and will create many enjoyable occasions to socialize, chat, meet old friends and make new ones.
The Social Program consists of an Opening Dinner on Sunday – December 12th and a Farewell Drinks on Friday – December 16th, both are included in the registration fee.
The conference Gala Dinner, with additional admission fee, will take place on Wednesday – December 15th.
By attending the Social Program, you will certainly improve your local and international networking scenario by increasing the professional contacts.
It is a great opportunity to enjoy the good weather in Rio de Janeiro.
As the previous editions, IMSC Rio 2021 will cover all aspects of mass spectrometry, from fundamentals to instrumentation and applications. See details below:
LIFE SCIENCES (10)
- Safe & Valuable Food
- Food Additives & Contaminants
- Natural Products
- Single Cell
- Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Forensic Science evidence
- Chemical Ecology
- Human Proteome Project
- Environmental MS
FUNDAMENTAL MASS SPECTROMETRY (9)
- Major Ionization Techniques: Advances and New Applications
- Native MS and Structural Proteomics
- Reaction Mechanism and Elusive Intermediates
- Gas Phase Ion Chemistry & Thermodinamics
- Cancer Proteomics
- Informatic Tools and Data Analysis
- Qualitative Proteomics
INSTRUMENTATION AND METHODS (8)
- Environmental Analysis
- Ambient MS and New Ionization Methods
- Mass Spectrometry Challenges and Applications
- FTMS and Innovative Methods for (bio)Analysis
- Development and Application in Ion Mobility MS
- Novel Methodologies in Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
- Ms Imaging: Instrumentation
CHALLENGES & APPLICATIONS (6)
- MS Imaging Aplications
- High Resolution MS Applications
HEALTH SCIENCE (12)
- Clinical and Pre-Clinical Proteomics
- Drugs Monitoring & Discovery
- Biological Mass Spectrometry
- Glycomics, Sacharides and Glycoconjugates
- Clinical Diagnosis
- MS Tools in Doping & Toxicology
- Clinical Research
- Translational Research and Data Integration